Electrical Issue Blamed For Downtown Fire

Please login to view the requested resource.

Posted: July 24, 2014

On Wednesday, Harrisonburg Fire Chief Larry Shifflett said Tuesday’s blaze at 85 S. Main St. was caused by a problem with electrical wires between the second and third floors. (Photo by Michael Reilly / DN-R)

HARRISONBURG — An electrical problem has been blamed for a Tuesday evening fire that displaced several residents and closed off much of downtown Harrisonburg for several hours.

According to...



To See This and Every Local Story from The Daily News-Record, Click Here to Become a Subscriber!

Login to view the full story
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NDN Video News
Advertisement
Specials