Harrisonburg firefighters respond to a blaze on Wednesday morning at Liberty and Gay streets that started when hay bales on a flatbed trailer caught fire. City fire officials say it was a case of spontaneous combustion. (Photos by Nikki Fox / DN-R)
Harrisonburg firefighters douse hay bales that caught fire near the railroad tracks at Liberty and Gay streets Wednesday morning.
HARRISONBURG — Hay bales on a flatbed trailer being hauled by a pickup truck caught fire Wednesday morning in downtown Harrisonburg, sending large plumes of smoke billowing into the air.