NEW: Fire Briefly Closes McDonald's
A fire briefly closed the Elkton McDonald's this morning.
Capt. Jeff Warner of the Elkton Volunteer Fire Company said there was an electrical fire in an air conditioning unit on the roof of the business, which resulted in the restaurant being closed for approximately 45 minutes.
The call came in at 9 a.m., said Claude Dean, an electrician with the town's Public Works Department.
Smoke was emanating from the air conditioning unit, Dean said, and the business suffered a partial loss of electricity as a result.
The business was evacuated until electricity was fully restored.