Pole Fire Leaves 900 In Dark
HARRISONBURG — A power pole fire caused a brief power outage for 910 Dominion Virginia Power customers Monday night in the Hinton area.
An electrical component on the power pole caused a spark, which led to a fire on the pole between 7:30 and 7:45 p.m., Dominion representative Chuck Penn said.
Firefighters from Hose Company No. 4 responded to the scene in the 3900 block of Rawley Pike, about 2½ miles west of Harrisonburg. Customers were without power for approximately 15 minutes, Penn said.
Dominion Virginia Power employees replaced the pole.
Penn said the problem with the electrical component is not an uncommon one.
Contact Caleb M. Soptelean at 574-6293 or firstname.lastname@example.org