Beverly Garber, Timberville’s unofficial historian, was instrumental in documenting the history of much of the town’s central business district. The effort helped get the district on the state and national historic registries. Photo by Jason Lenhart / DN-R.
This home along South Main Street was built in 1832 by John Zigler, a major player in Timberville’s early development. Photo by Jason Lenhart / DN-R.
John Zigler’s barn in Timberville dates back to 1819. The
barn’s original brick facade, while severely damaged, still
remains and is considered a rare construction style. Photo by Jason Lenhart / DN-R.
A historic marker just off this Timberville bridge that crosses the North Fork of the Shenandoah River features a picture and history of the 19th century bridge that used to span the river there. The bridge stood for 54 years before it was replaced in 1938. Photo by Jason Lenhart / DN-R.