HARRISONBURG — A kitchen blaze caused minor damage to a singlewide mobile home in Rockingham County, while city fire officials are investigating a potentially intentional fire from Saturday.
The county fire started shortly before 10 a.m. Sunday at the home on Opal Drive west of the city limits, just behind Covenant Presbyterian Church on West Mosby Road. County Fire Chief Jeremy Holloway said that it appeared that the accidental fire originated from the home’s stove.
The effects of the fire were limited to the stove — which Holloway said was destroyed — and smoke damage.
Holloway reported that the residents, who were not home at the time of the fire, would be able to stay with family.
Units from Harrisonburg Fire Department, Hose Company No. 4, Bridgewater Volunteer Fire Company and Rockingham County Fire and Rescue responded to the scene.
Meanwhile, officials with the Harrisonburg Fire Department are investigating two suspicious fires that broke out Saturday afternoon at Clementine restaurant, 153 S. Main St.
City fire chief Larry Shifflett said that the two fires were discovered in the café — one in a restroom and another in a box of paper towels in a storage room. Damage from the fires was minor.
Shifflett said that the incident remained under investigation, saying that it “doesn’t appear to be an accident.”
Contact Bryan Gilkerson at 574-6267 or firstname.lastname@example.org