Whereas other civilizations have been brought down by attacks of barbarians from without, ours had the unique distinction of training its own destroyers at its own educational institutions, and then providing them with facilities for propagating their destructive ideology. ... Thus did Western Man decide to abolish himself, creating his own boredom out of his own affluence, his own vulnerability out of his own strength, his own impotence out of his own erotomania, himself blowing the trumpet that brought the walls of his own city tumbling down, and having convinced himself that he was too numerous, labored with pill and scalpel and syringe to make himself fewer. Until at last, having educated himself into imbecility, and polluted and drugged himself into stupefaction, he keeled over — a weary, battered old brontosaurus — and became extinct.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Most Popular Articles
- Missing Dayton Street Signs Found In JMU Dorm
- Bridgewater Gets $20K Grant To Study Feasibility Of Grocery Store
- Man Who Fired At Harrisonburg Police Found Dead In Goochland
- Holiday Celebrates Trade Workers
- Bridgewater Fielding Inquiries From Restaurants
- City, County Schools Implementing Voluntary Student COVID-19 Testing Program
- Bridgewater College Introduces Safety Cadet Program
- Local Educator Chapter Of Education Group Celebrates 50 Years
- City Council Marinating Heritage Oaks Studies' Results
- HHS Engineering Students Create Fidgets For Elderly