Doug Harris, 51, who pitched for James Madison, has left the front office of the Washington Nationals to focus on his fight with leukemia, the Washington Post reported this week.
With drastic changes to the way NCAA Division I sports operate on the way, athletic directors across the country — including James Madison’s Jeff Bourne — are anticipating the next round of conference realignment.
WASHINGTON — Harrisonburg native Kristi Toliver, with her teammates hoisting up shots here in warmups minutes before tipoff, had more important matters to address Thursday night before her 393rd WNBA game.
AP Regional Sports
- Fedde back from COVID-19 list, leads Nats past SF in opener
- Nationals place RHP Daniel Hudson on 10-day injured list
- San Francisco visits Washington, aims to build on DeSclafani's solid showing
- Rays become first team to reach 40 wins, 4-2 over Orioles
- Scherzer hurt, Giants beat Nats 1-0 behind Posey, DeSclafani
AP National Sports
- Rosenqvist in hospital after crash into wall at Belle Isle
- Judge asked to order arrest of witnesses in triple-slaying
- Mets' ace Jacob deGrom on track for next scheduled start
- Danish soccer federation says the game against Finland at Euro 2020 will resume at 8:30 p.m. local time
- NASCAR All-Star race will be Texas-sized sendoff for Gossage